Sunday, April 3, 2011
Sleep, missing it!
It's been a tough week. I'm really feeling the effects of lack of sleep, and at this point I can't help but feel like I'm losing my mind. We made it through 4 months of colic, and I thought that was probably the worst of it. Now we're in the middle of teething (I think) and boy, it's just as tough! Little Squirt no longer sleeps through the night and has cut 2 hours off of his sleep each night, plus naps are almost non-existent. This makes for a ZOMBIE of a mommy! I feel guilty because I don't have much energy to play and I'll be laying on the floor with the little guy as my eyes get too heavy and start to drift off.
Wouldn't it be soooo much easier to be a mom if sleep just was optional, and not something you physically need?! That would be amazing. I find myself having extreme sleep envy, as I've named it. While I'm awake with Little Henry feeding, soothing, changing diapers, and playing as my husband is laying in bed...I have the strong urge to sound an airhorn, bang pots and pans together, or maybe even bop him upside the head with a pillow! Okay, that probably sounds mean but I can't help but get annoyed and feel jealous of his sleep!
Alright, alright. I won't make this entire post about my lack of sleep and surplus of frustration! Little pumpkin butt has done some really cool things this week! He started to try crawling in reverse, it was SO FUNNY! When I tried to record him doing it, he decided to be camera shy. Yesterday he finally did it again, so I got a short video, but it wasn't as much as the first time :(. He also has became obsessed with playing with his feet/toes. This makes for interesting diaper changes, let me tell you! His new favorite sound is a zipper unzipping. I've never seen him laugh so hard as he does when he hears that, it is the best sound in the whole world to hear him laugh!!
Time for me to sign off. Little grumpers has decided mommy must join him in play time! Let's see if my eyes will stay open!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment